My World

Story updates, writing frustrations, and sim related things in general.




And another month slips by...

September 7, 2010

Well, I didn't get as much accomplished as I had hoped. One more chapter of BLD to finish up and get posted. For those of you that like this story, I am very grateful. I'm having trouble liking it anymore. I've heard a lot of people say they didn't like their first pieces - and that's what I'm going through. I look at it now and just cringe. So many cliches, I've even thought about pulling it from the blog entirely. But I won't. I'll just accept it as my early stuff; a learning experience; a stepping stone.

In the background, I have some things going on. I have converted my game to almost entirely medieval. I've found medieval defaults for nearly everything in the game, from carpools, to trashbags, to maids, to homework. It is so cool to see it all in action. This will come in handy when I start working on Warriors again. No more trying to hide modern aspects of the game. It will just make shooting easier.

I had another idea or two for EFHIS, which I'm still waffling back and forth on sharing in sim form. Part of me really, really wants to. But when I think of the hard work involved in setting scenes and shooting pics, I almost shudder. But just a couple of weeks ago, my husband and I were discussing his building a house for it. I've looked high and low and not found the perfect place, and I'm not a builder. He, however, enjoys it and seems to have a knack for it. And there's a lot I would like to share with an audience. So...it may come here, after all.

I have no patience for working when my kids are home. None. In fact, just writing this while my 7 year old plays loudly behind me is enough to wrack my nerves. But I took a few weeks for myself, and am starting to feel the pull of wanting to work on a story again. YAY! This is great, because I wondered if that desire would ever return. So today, after I take the kids to school, I'm turning off my phone, no messenger, no tv, and trying to implement my new ideas into EFHIS. This morning belongs to Victoria.

Sadly, progression will be slow because for a stay at home mom I sure have a lot of stuff to do! People to see, projects to complete for friends, and reconnect days to spend with hubby. But now that the pull is coming back, I'm hoping to get more done with this blog!

Thank you so much to those of you who hung in there with me through all my emotional crap. You're very much appreciated!!

4 comments:

KDSGS said...

Hi astral, sorry i haven't been by sooner, glad to hear sim stories are capturing your attention again, drop by the blogs sometime any say hello, take care!

Astral Faery said...

Hi Karen! I appreciate you stopping by to say hello. I need to do the same and try to find time to read some of my favorite author's stories. There's just never enough time in a day.

Sugah Sim said...

Your stories are always worth the wait, Ms. Faery.
We can truly understand that real life often takes us away from our virtual worlds.

Looking forward to more of EFHIS.

Thank you, as always, for your contribution to the TS2 community and especially, to Sugah's Place.

Hang in there.
You are a true talent. Your work needs to be shared!

Hugs
S

Astral Faery said...

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words, Sugah. I really do appreciate your loyalty. I also wish I could find the enthusiasm I used to have for telling stories - I miss it.

 
Blogger Template "Pog Mo Thoin! (BW)" provided by Leah's BlogTemplates