My World

Story updates, writing frustrations, and sim related things in general.




Anybody out there?

July 28, 2010

Well it's been forever. I have no idea if I have any readers anymore, and if I don't, I realize it's my own fault. However, one never chooses to have an emotional breakdown and one never chooses how or when to recover. I'm better than I was last year at this time, but not fully myself. I still have no patience to deal with little problems and often those little things get overwhelming for me.

But I'm finding myself pulled back to telling stories again. And in order to move forward, I need to finish what I started. I just posted the very long overdue Chapter 33 of BLD; and the final chapter is in draft mode; I'll be finishing that, as well. I broke chapter 33 and I don't know how to fix it. It looks mostly perfect in draft mode and I quickly remembered what I hated about using blogger in the first place. I'm blogger inept, it seems, but at least the chapter is there in its entirety - weird font sizes and underlines and all.

I have to reteach myself how to use blogger again. And I've totally forgotten how to make my pictures big, so they're teeny tiny.

I am making no promises. Whenever I do that I tend to screw myself over. Basically, how it stands now, is if I feel like working on a project, I will. But I'm not putting any pressure on myself to finish anything, because I seem to struggle with that.

So, if anyone is still out there, I am still alive and mostly well. I hope you are, too.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Astral. :)


I still read your blog regularly, but Im more of a lurker myself. Just to let you know - I really admire your work, and how you stay strong when things are really hard around you. Keep looking forward! I know you're going through a hellish time right now, but it will pass.
I really love all your stories. My favourite would be The Weekend Warrior chronicles. It hasn't been updated in aaaaaages, but I hope some day you might get back to it.

Just keep strong! :D I know for a fact and me and some of my friends are lurking here, reading your posts and hoping you get better soon!!

S.B. said...

hey, lots of people here can help. You have not been forgotten. If you want to reach out, we are here for you.

Astral Faery said...

Hi, Zoroma, nice to see you again. :)

Thank you so much for your warm and encouraging comments. They literally brought a tear to my eye - very touching.

As for being strong, eh, not so sure how strong I've been but I am recovering, so it's getting better. My kids will go back to school in the next few weeks which will give me some VERY much needed alone time. And I am feeling the want to work on stories again. I was actually worried I wouldn't ever want to log into this blog again or take another sims picture. I'm glad the roughest part seems to be over.

Yes, WWC is something I'd like to get back to, and also EFHIS, even though I said I wouldn't. Still not completely sure about that one, but there is really so much of Victoria's life I'd like to share, so I might plunge into that world again.

Thank you for being there and thank your friends, too. It's good to know that there are still readers out there. ;)

Astral Faery said...

Thank you, Beth. :)

Thank you for being in my corner and being willing to listen should I need an ear. I think I'm mostly ok in that regard, though it had gotten pretty bad. I was seriously thinking of talking to a doctor about mood stabilizers because I just couldn't get my shit together. I'm really glad the interest to do stories again is coming back.

Thanks to everyone else who has hung in there! I very much appreciate you.

Em said...

I'm still here. I still have your blog on my reading list/news feed or whatever it's called.

I'm glad to hear things are going better for you. That's great news. Sometimes some time away is necessary.

I'm not sure about your blogger problems, I know I have trouble getting the posts to format right. I usually upload my pictures to photobucket to make them larger and because it's almost easier to upload them that way.

I hope you get it figured out and I look forward to reading anything you feel like working on whenever you're able and wanting to. I'm glad your boys will be in school soon. I know it's almost impossible to write or sim with kids in the house. Good luck. It's been nice seeing you around more often.

Sherry said...

I'M HERE!! LOVE YOU. AureliaB.

Astral Faery said...

Aw, thanks, Em. You're so kind and patient with me and my whims, lol.

It used to be fairly simple to change the pictures to large with a quick edit, but blogger has changed something and what used to work before doesn't anymore. So, I don't know. I think having to upload them to photobucket first would make the whole process harder for me. I need simplicity or I'll burn out. :(

Thank you for your support.

Astral Faery said...

Sweet Aurelia - thank you, baby. *smooch*

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Astral, were all very much, here for you. If your getting annoyed at blogspot, you could always try a differant bloging site. For example wordpress, Live journal, etc... Were all so glad your all right, you we all think that you have well and truly won the greatest writer award. :) We hope you start to enjoy sims 2 and maybe 3 again :)
Signed, one of your biggest fans, beckey12! =D

Astral Faery said...

Aw, thank you so much, Beckey! You have no idea how much your words mean! Thank you for taking the time to give me a little pick me up.

I think I'm going to stick with blogger, I just need to get reacquainted with it, which is only difficult because of my shortness of patience, lol. I'll make it work.

 
Blogger Template "Pog Mo Thoin! (BW)" provided by Leah's BlogTemplates