My World

Story updates, writing frustrations, and sim related things in general.




GRRRR!!

October 20, 2008

I have a crazy week ahead of me, so I thought I would finally finish getting my pics for Part 2 of WWC this morning while I had a little bit of time. It was a simple plan, take the fantastic skeleton skin I downloaded and make skeletons for my warriors to fight. But...the skin is not working correctly. Instead of looking like a skeleton, my sim looks like it has mismatched skin, instead, with an invisible face. So I took it out and tried it again. Same thing. Obviously, it just won't work for my EP's. So I have to use my backup idea - in which I'll use the same skeletons as in BLD and my Creature Feature - if I still have them. Gonna be pretty hard to stage a skeleton fight without the skeletons! Sheesh! Probably won't get this part done until next week.

So I jetted over to the BLD set to take some pictures with the remaining time I had. By the time everything was done loading, I got maybe 5 pictures snapped! That's it. Feels like an unproductive morning. A little advice? Don't try to snap pictures in a forest of willow trees - or any forest, for that matter, with lots of trees. Because EVERYTIME you try to move something, you'll pick up a fartin' tree instead! Then you'll put it down, rotate to get a clear view of your subjects so the tree won't be in the way - but somehow, despite the fact you try to avoid it, it you'll grab it again. Those big droopy fronds of the willows are especially annoying, because they hang down low and I always grab the tree instead of the sim, or the posing hack, or the clothing rack, or the other props, etc. Pictures are a giant pain. I swear the next scene needs to be set in the desert!

5 comments:

cheripye said...

Whenever I have scenes in a forest or heavily wooded Area I pause and zoom in really close to grab the sim. Or else I get the same issue. 80)

Other thing I do is pose them on an empty area of the lot and move them where I need them.

Sorry to hear about all your problems, 80)

Astral Faery said...

lol, thanks. I was just complaining. Sometimes I just have to from time to time. Thanks for the tips. :)

Anonymous said...

Something else that might help you is being sober before you start shooting!

LMAO :D ;P

cheripye said...

Sorry *blush* lol! Just trying to help. I came to check on any updates and saw this 80)

Astral Faery said...

My dear, Zayury, I do believe you're referring to yourself!

Cheripye - no need for apologies - help is always welcome. I had actually never tried (or thought to) pose in an empty area and move them, though I've often used that method for other things. So I plan on trying that in the future, as I'll have lots of wooded scenes. Thanks for taking the time to help.

 
Blogger Template "Pog Mo Thoin! (BW)" provided by Leah's BlogTemplates