My World

Story updates, writing frustrations, and sim related things in general.




Frustrations

January 29, 2008

Bad day on the set today. I spent two hours just trying to create the characters I would need for chapter 13 of Between the Light and the Darkness. My biggest problem is some of my custom content. Now, don't get me wrong, I adore all of Rosesims fabulous objects, and without them, this story just wouldn't be possible. However, many of the items are only labeled with her site address, not with what the item is. Not all of them, but many of them. Since I have quite a few of her items, it's taking forever just to set up each character with the props they need. I ended up getting frustrated, and stopped working on the story altogether. Since it's Tuesday, and all the kids are at school, I try to work on this in the quiet 3 hours that I have. But, here it is only 11:00 a.m., and I'm done. I suddenly lost my passion to work on this. I pray this is only temporary. Just a few days ago I couldn't wait to get in there and start, and now...sigh! I don't want to look at it, or even think about it. I'm thinking I may have to take a break from this story, but I really don't want to do that, because people are reading it.

It doesn't help that I have several other ideas bouncing around in my unfocused brain, some that I'm itching to get started on. I'm trying very hard not to give in, because I don't want a lot of unfinished projects laying around. I already have A Day in the Life of a Psychotic Mom, that really needs an update, BL&D, and my Avalon Legacy which I'm sharing with my friends over at PTS. Plus still another one - Every Family Has Its Secrets, which I had started a long time ago, but put on hold so I could work on BL&D. And now it calls to me again. Probably because it is not a fantasy, and I wouldn't have to spend a lot of time on costuming, set design, and searching for content to make an other worldly story. Ack! I don't know what to do...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HEAR YOU GIRL, AND I TOTALLY AGREE! I love Rosesims but I HATE that a lot of her AWESOME 'majic' content is NOT LABELED! Like you that is what takes me the longest to find a freaking sword, or gun, etc! Of course like you I have TONS of CC, lol! :D I once tried to do a little 'map' of where each thing was, but everytime I add more CC it moves everything around, so screw the 'map'! (angry)

I just drink myself silly and try again, lol! :D You try it, I'm sure you can play it off around your babies, lol! ;)

Leah said...

Frustrations... LOL!
You're in good company, Ariana.
Don't worry, we ALL have them.
We ALL know what it feels like.

You DON'T want to know how many times I've been CURSING at my darling Priest Cutie, at the game, the CC...
How many times I've been wanting to give up and start a whole new life FAR away from the FREAKING Sims and the whole Writing Business in general.
Believe me, you DON'T want to know.
Honestly.

Just give it some time, and you'll be fine again.
Don't worry. :)

Astral Faery said...

Aw, thanks, guys! I wasn't even venting for comments - just trying to get my feelings out. But your nice words really help me feel better.

Zayury - I tried writing down where everything was too, mapping the items, but like you said, it doesn't do much good the next time you add stuff. And being the download addict that I am, that's like a couple of times a week. I'm not that big of a drinker, but I certainly had my fair share of chocolate yesterday!

Leah - It cracks me up to hear you say that. Sometimes I want to take all of my 'actors' and just throw them in a pool without a ladder, lol. And it wasn't even their fault. Just a bad day - some real life frustrations adding to it, too. I had to go vent that stuff on my 360 page.

I'm not ready to give up on it - but I did start building characters for another story rolling around in my head. Sigh! I wish I could focus more on just one. At least I have plenty of material to post on Blogger for now with BL&D.

S@n said...

I totally understand what yo mean, I have been there.

Just take your time, and don't give up! We will wait for you :D

When I don't know where to go or what to do with my stories, I just take a break and write a short story 1 chapter, that takes my mind off my frustration and then when I'm done probably I would be able to see the light again :D lol

Good Luck!

Astral Faery said...

Sorry I missed your comment, Sandy. Very kind of you to say, too. I know having moments like those just comes with the territory, lol.

 
Blogger Template "Pog Mo Thoin! (BW)" provided by Leah's BlogTemplates